About PIXIA Corp.
Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, PIXIA is a rapidly growing commercial geospatial software company leading the industry in Big Data digital access solutions. As a top technology company, PIXIA is customer-focused and forward–leaning within a fast-paced environment.
Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package which includes: Healthcare Insurance, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, FSA, AFLAC, 401 (k), EAP, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, and free gym membership. Our staff enjoys an entrepreneurial and creative work environment, and the opportunity to apply their skills to interesting endeavors. Potential candidates must be highly-motivated, intellectually curious, and ready to contribute to a fast-paced development team.
PIXIA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non- discrimination in employment. PIXIA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Video)
Location: Herndon, Virginia (Remote work may be considered)
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Based on experience, competitive benefits package
General Description and Responsibilities:
Join our team! PIXIA is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Video) to join our development team. Candidates should demonstrate a history of technical innovation in the video processing space, a passion for working with technology, and excitement for creating high-quality consumer technology products. Ideal candidates are self-starters with an analytic mind and tenacious problem-solving skills.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Leverage engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on product efficiency.
- Research, adopt, and integrate new technologies.
- Innovate and improve existing products.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver expected requirements.
- Take ownership of projects to ensure their successful completion with respect to deadlines.
- Own the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community.
- Encourage inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Direct, hands-on experience developing, configuring, re-engineering, testing, and debugging application code.
- Proven development experience using video processing tools, e.g. ffmpeg
- Proven experience with video encoding/decoding and (de)multiplexing
- Proven experience with industry video standards, e.g. MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264/5, and transport streams.
- Experience with video metadata streams and/or Motion Imagery Standards Profiles (MISP)
- Experience with Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) and/or HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Proven history of building and releasing enterprise grade software products and/or Internet web applications.
- Proven experience and comfort working in a team-oriented environment.
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in multiple high-level languages, primarily Java, but also C++, C, and bash.
- Advanced understanding of modern software design, development methodologies, and computer science fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of testing tools, unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Strong understanding of modern software configuration management (SCM).
- Familiar with continuous integration tools, e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, CruiseControl, Hudson, TeamCity.
- US Citizenship required.
- Security Clearance – Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Interested in the position? Email your resume to:
Please ensure the subject line includes “Sr. Software Engineer (Video)” for appropriate consideration.