About PIXIA Corp.
Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, PIXIA is a rapidly growing commercial geospatial software company leading the industry in Big Data digital access solutions. As a top technology company, PIXIA is customer-focused and forward–leaning within a fast-paced environment.
Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package which includes: Healthcare Insurance, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, FSA, AFLAC, 401 (k), EAP, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, and free gym membership. Our staff enjoys an entrepreneurial and creative work environment, and the opportunity to apply their skills to interesting endeavors. Potential candidates must be highly-motivated, intellectually curious, and ready to contribute to a fast-paced development team.
PIXIA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non- discrimination in employment. PIXIA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Based upon experience, Competitive benefits package
General Description and Responsibilities:
Join our team! The successful candidate will lead or assist in the design and implementation of system and software solutions for new products, major product enhancements, and critical subsystems. The Senior Software Engineer will serve as a technical leader for a variety of design activities and will regularly give technical guidance to other Engineers, management, and customers.
Related skills and preferred requirements:
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing full-stack software solutions in multiple programming languages.
- Extensive SDLC experience and utilization of best practices.
- Ability to lead work teams with minimal supervision.
- Comprehensive understanding of test methodologies and techniques.
- Highly motivated, well organized, and able to perform well in a technically complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Possess the tenacity to take on difficult tasks.
- Should strive to continually and rapidly learn new technology/tools.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Degree (Master’s or PhD) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience working with US Government systems and enterprise architectures.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, certification/education and experience within a particular domain such as GIS, FMV or WAMI
- US Citizenship required.
- Security Clearance – Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
If interested in this position, please email your resume to:
Please ensure the subject line includes “Senior Software Engineer_1”