Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Herndon, Virginia (Remote work may be considered)
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Based on experience, competitive benefits package
General Description and Responsibilities:
Join our team! PIXIA is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team. Candidates should demonstrate a history of technical innovation, a passion for working with technology, and excitement for creating high-quality consumer technology products. Ideal candidates are self-starters with an analytic mind and tenacious problem solving skills.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, and implement technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Leverage engineering practices like pair programming, TDD, ATDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring techniques.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on product efficiency.
- Research, adopt, and integrate new technologies.
- Innovate and improve existing products.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver expected requirements.
- Take ownership of projects to ensure their successful completion with respect to deadlines.
- Own the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends and best practices: experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in community of practice groups, and mentor more junior members of the engineering community.
- Encourage inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Direct, hands-on experience developing, configuring, re-engineering, testing, and debugging Java application code.
- Proven history of building and releasing enterprise grade software products and/or Internet web applications.
- Proven experience and comfort working in a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to become a subject matter expert.
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce deliverables within tight timeframes.
- Ability to conduct complex analysis and manage complex tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Advanced proficiency in multiple high-level languages, primarily Java, but also C++, C, and bash.
- Proficiency in relational data modeling technologies, e.g. SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, JPA, object-oriented data structures.
- Proficiency in multiple operating systems, e.g. Windows, Linux, OSX.
- Advanced understanding of modern software design, development methodologies, and computer science fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of testing tools, unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Strong understanding of modern software configuration management (SCM).
- Familiar with front-end toolkits and concepts, e.g. MVC, Spring MVC, Angular JS, Bootstrap, JQuery or other UI frameworks.
- Familiar with data delivery technologies, e.g. JSON, protobuf, HTTP GET/POST, RESTful technologies.
- Familiar with continuous integration tools, e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, CruiseControl, Hudson, TeamCity.
- US Citizenship required.
- Security Clearance – Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
About PIXIA Corp.
Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, PIXIA is a rapidly growing commercial geospatial software company leading the industry in Big Data digital access solutions. As a top technology company, PIXIA is customer-focused and forward–leaning within a fast-paced environment.
Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package, an entrepreneurial and creative work environment, and the opportunity to apply their skills to interesting endeavors. Potential candidates must be highly-motivated, intellectually curious, and ready to contribute to a fast-paced development team.
PIXIA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who complies with applicable state and local laws governing non- discrimination in employment. PIXIA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment.
Interested in the position? Email your resume to: