Job Title: GIS Data Management Administrator (Steward)
Location: Herndon, VA
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Competitive benefits package based on experience
General Description and Responsibilities:
Join our team! PIXIA is currently seeking a GIS Data Administrator to join our team. The candidate will provide customer support and/or integration of our software capability. The ideal candidate will be highly flexible, willing to learn in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and possess the ability to work independently.
- Domain knowledge of geographic information systems.
- Understanding of deployable software within enterprise/cloud environments on the
Windows and Linux platforms.
- Web server technologies to include Apache Tomcat and Apache Web Server.
- Internetworking technologies, e.g. advanced switching, network protocols, firewalls, etc.
- Storage technology and protocols used by SAN, DAS, and NAS technologies for management of large volumes of storage.
- Basic software development knowledge and scripting experience e.g. bash or batch.
- Utilize software to generate, process, manage, and transfer data.
- Experience with network analysis, data management, versioned editing, and scripting.
- Desire to learn new technologies as they emerge.
- Ability to work in a very dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to demonstrate both excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to read and interpret technical journals/manuals and program documentation, aerial photography, maps, graphs, etc.
- Complete tasks and assignments on time, problem solve, work in a team environment, and work independently.
- Requires up to 25% CONUS travel.
Education & Qualifications Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- US Citizen
- Security Clearance – Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Must have IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP) or ability to attain within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to focus on key deliverables in a fast-paced production environment.
- Self-starter who can coordinate with a team yet work independently towards a common goal.
About PIXIA Corp.
Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, PIXIA is a rapidly growing commercial geospatial software company leading the industry in Big Data digital access solutions. As a top technology company, PIXIA is customer-focused and forward–leaning within a fast-paced environment.
Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package, an entrepreneurial and creative work environment, and the opportunity to apply their skills to interesting endeavors. Potential candidates must be highly-motivated, intellectually curious, and ready to contribute to a fast-paced development team.
PIXIA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who complies with applicable state and local laws governing non- discrimination in employment. PIXIA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment.
Interested in the position? Email your resume to:
Please ensure the subject line includes “GIS Data Administrator” for appropriate consideration.