About PIXIA Corp.
Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, PIXIA is a rapidly growing commercial geospatial software company leading the industry in Big Data digital access solutions. As a top technology company, PIXIA is customer-focused and forward–leaning within a fast-paced environment.
Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package which includes: Healthcare Insurance, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, FSA, AFLAC, 401 (k), EAP, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, and free gym membership. Our staff enjoys an entrepreneurial and creative work environment, and the opportunity to apply their skills to interesting endeavors. Potential candidates must be highly-motivated, intellectually curious, and ready to contribute to a fast-paced development team.
PIXIA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non- discrimination in employment. PIXIA expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment.
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Herndon, VA
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Based upon experience, competitive benefits package
General Description and Responsibilities:
Join our Team! The Software Engineer will be working in a team setting, collaborating with Senior and Principal Engineers, in support of one or more software products for PIXIA. The Software Engineer will participate in full lifecycle software development delivering well-designed, testable, efficient code and accompanying documentation according to specifications.
Related skills and preferred requirements:
- Solid understanding of and experience with SDLC best practices, e.g. Agile or DevOps.
- Understanding of test methodologies and techniques.
- Able to take on programming tasks independently with little supervision.
- Highly motivated, well organized, and able to perform well in a technically complex environment.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, certification/education and experience within a particular domain such as GIS, FMV or WAMI.
If interested in this position, please email your resume to:
Please ensure the subject line includes “Software Engineer”